Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions To Love Somebody

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

Hi @Johnny i just love your latest release! And the paint job in your practice room. Heya is that new or what? Looks real good anyways. Hope ya don’t have the blues from your head down to your shoes from the paint roller splashes about the joint, say. lol. 🙂
      Mate, could you do us a real big fave, please, and offer up a tutorial lesson at your dignified leisure being for this particular air, ‘To Love Somebody’? I’m gonna buy the sheet music from you next coupla days, the only way i can make any sense of it right now by ear and acute observation is slowing it down to half and/or 0.75 speed (That’s middle icon on bottom right of the YouTube screen.)
      Much love. You’re a bonza bloke. There’s a light, a certain kinda light about you. Ya.
      Q. How do you throw a surprise party at a hospital? A. Bring a strobe light into the epilepsy ward.

Will be real happy to love my laughing gear around that forthcoming tute..
      You beauty!!

RockinRobin
      Participant

Good post Saxomonica. So today I have two songs to practice: “To Love Somebody” and “Just The Way You Are”

saxomonica
        Participant

Thanx @RockinRobin good buddy! Noice. Glad i’m not on me Pat Malone here ‘eh.
          Trust your two cool tunes are a happenin’ thang and done like a dinner.
          Heya bloke i’m making a dog’s breakfast of this one lately in transposing, cooee 🙂

RockinRobin
          Participant

I’m working on “Just The Way You are”. Been working on it for two weeks I notice that when I play the low B followed by the G# I play the low B and the just lift my right hand fingers and the G# plays. Tricks of the trade. I also noticed that by moving my ligature to the back of the reed and tighten only the rear part of the leg the low B and low Bb and low C is easier to get a softer low buzz. Tricks of the trade. Theo Wanne has a hole on the rear of all his mouthpieces called the Dexter Gordon hole for his ligature.Dex wants his ligature way back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.