Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire True Love Ways – Buddy Holly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alan Costin
    Participant

I’ve been asked to play with a band at a wedding and the first dance for the bride and groom is going to be Buddy Hollys True Love Ways. The band are learning it from the record so it will be in its original key. Has anyone got the sax part, it would save me time working it out from the record.
      Thanks

john
      Keymaster

Alan, that’s one I’ve played a lot since I do some Rock and Roll Legends shows which include a Holly Tribute artist.
        Unfortunately I just learned the King Curtis original sax part but never wrote it down.
        It’s pretty easy. Have you sat down and tried it out yet?
        The good news it’s in concert Bb so C on tenor and you can either copy his licks or make up your own because all you need is the C major scale, with an emphasis on the major 7 note (which is the B)
        Yes all those fills and solo licks consist of only notes in the C major scale.

Dazza
        Participant

Hey Alan. I happen to be learning this one and have the sheet music for the entire melody in Tenor C if you would like me to email send me a message

Alan Costin
          Participant

Hi Johnny, I’ve had a try at working it out from the record. I can get some parts of it but not enough to be confident that it will sound Ok.

Alan Costin
            Participant

Hi Dazza, I’ve sent you a message. Alan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.