Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces VANDOREN ALT SAX AL3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi johny… i am new in al this like i say i got my artemis mk2 few days ago and i started to play but the mouthpeice what i am using is not good i thing its old and used and inside is full of small holes i dont know how do describe and ist plastic one so i was thinking to buy a new one…Here in croatia we dont have many shops with this things so i found VANDOREN ALT SAX AL3… i am a beginer can enyone tell me something about this mouthpiec and is it gona be ok for me…

Andy Berlin
      Participant

I think the best / easily available beginner’s set up is using a Yamaha C* with a Vandoren #2 reed. Inexpensive and will produce reasonable tone & projection. When you’re more confident about your embouchure, move up to a 2 and 1/2 reed or even a #3. By then you’ll know a lot more about your personal tone needs and preferences, and can move up to an inexpensive metal mouthpiece like an Otto Link . . . Try that Yamaha C*, you won’t be disappointed (or broke). Andy

john
        Keymaster

Yes, that’s good advice. Yamaha, Vandoren and Selmer all good. The size opening is the key at your beginning stage and so the C* is a good recomendation, Selmer makes one and I wrote a review about it here:
          https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/selmer-c

If you can’t get hold of these recomendations I think you’re ok with the one you have now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.