Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Video that shows how learning an instrument benefits the brain…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hi guys,
      I thought you might like to see this video that shows how learning an instrument, like the Saxophone, benefits the brain. Studies have shown that the brain literally changes. Not only with my recent PTSD, but it has also proven to be good therapy for folks with OCD and ADHD.

Anonymous

thanks for sharing – structured disciplined practing devolops the brain!

a lot of parents i know, get their kids learning an instrument around about the age of 8 & upwards with a teacher.

their reasoning – its a fun activity for the kids, and the kids see for themselves that if they focus their attention on practicing & organising themselves they see/feel the benifits of setting aside time for these activiites. The parents then hope the kids will think if they apply themselves in other areas of study in a similar disciplined structured approach – then they hope they might do better in other areas of study.

Marc
        Participant

Excellent, Mike… Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.