Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces What Tenor Mouthpiece Is Everyone Playing??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

I recently got a 10MFan Showtime Hard Rubber Piece. I am really enjoying it! Haven’t tried a metal mouthpiece yet. Mark Sepinuck the owner of 10MFan was awesome to work with. He has a new Hard Rubber Rollover Baffle piece called the Chameleon. Maybe next year.

Mel
      Participant

It would also be nice to know specifically what you like about it also.

Pete
        Participant

Mel
          I am thinking of the Celebration 10m Fan, have the merlot at present.

10M FAN CELEBRATION

Pete
          Participant

10mFan Celebration Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece Reviewhttps://www.neffmusic.com › blog › 2021/02 › 10mfan…
            25 Feb 2021 — Although the 10mFan Celebration tenor saxophone mouthpiece has a warmer and darker tone it still has a hefty amount of volume when you push it.

Simon
            Participant

I play most of the time Theo Wanne Slant Sig size 8 and Hemp Fiberreed size M. I play it coz i can or i think i can control it and i get some nice sound. I also have Theo Wanne metal Durga3 size 8, but it is high baffle mpc and i can’t control it good yet- i am too sharp on high notes.

Mel
              Participant

Hi Pete – That Merlot you have is a nice mouthpiece. The Celebration sounds pretty nice for the contributions Mark is adding to it. The 10MFan pieces are finished really nicely with the two guys Mark has finishing them (Eric and Brian). I tried a Robusto but settled for the Showtime. it is a little more brighter and punchier for me. Mark now has a Chameleon mouthpiece with a rollover baffle. Maybe next year. Steve Neff sure does some great reviews.

Simon – Theo Wanne pieces sure sound good. A little too steep in price for me. The Showtime by 10MFan has a step baffle. Not too high of a floor. I also was playing my high notes sharply. But this actually helped out my embouchure because I realized I was adding un-needed pressure to the mouthpiece and reed. By making sure the sides of my mouth were sealing the mouthpiece in more of an O shape, I started playing flatter and I was actually able to push the mouthpiece farther on to the cork and achieve a better sound.

Jim Nearing
                Participant

10MFan Celebration. It is like an old Otto Link but has more harmonics, a more dark, full sound. Somebody on the sax forum described it as more complex.
                  I was playing Java Greens, but the D’Addario Select Jazz really work for me on this piece.

Mel
                  Participant

Hey Jim-

I have a box of Select Jazz arriving today to try out on my 10Mfan. On the 10Mfan website Mark says he really likes the Fiberreed carbon on his mouthpieces. Haven’t tried that one yet.

Jim Nearing
                    Participant

Mark was not happy when I told him I was going to use the Java Greens with the Celebration. I forget what he suggested at the time. Dave Pollack did some videos with the Celebration and I asked him what reed he was using.

I bought D’Addario Select Jazz for alto and I think bari also. So far I haven’t switched, even with my Daddy-O alto piece.

Mel
                      Participant

I have been playing a Java Red and Rigotti Gold.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.