Home Forums Saxophone Tips Where to play when u live in an apartment

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Johnny Johnny 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

john springer
    Participant

I play in a 5×5 climate controlled storage unit for $55/month ha ha. I play as loud as I want in a 65F environment in the winter.

saxomonica
    Participant

howzat way cool
    good idea and motivational to get down and boogie ‘n go and practice cheep cheep too
    the acoustics must slap you out a bit or do you use blankets on the walls or somethink?
    moose earmuffs even? lol

hey @john you heard this guy slap tounging?
    a good effect for r’n r and other icicles
    starts at about 3:00 on first vid

saxomonica
    Participant

Where to play if you have an Apartment yet ya gotta no Storage Shed to practice in 🙂 – – – –

Check out the ringing right hand / whoo hoo (“give the right hand to one unhappy”)
    Also check out how he is hanging on by his teeth (importantly)
    #SpoonfulOfLove

brother cavefish
    brother cavefish
    Participant

not a big fan of beat boxing, but he does it well for sure , talent,,,i am blessed i have a house, now i play in the shower, living room or garage

john springer
    Participant

I actually just play in the hall of the storage place – just 2 feet outside of my 5 X 5 unit. The halls of the building act as a resonance chamber. Sounds like I am playing in a theater.

john springer
    Participant

I have heard Beat Box yes. I have not decides if I like that style or not. I am really focused on trying to sound something like Cannon, Randolph and of course Johnny. Beat Box might be easier though LOL

Johnny
    Johnny
    Keymaster

very cool, I think I saw him before. whatever it’s called he’s real good and full of feel and rythme.. I guess that’s what counts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.