Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Who was the original artist for Harlem Nocturne?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey Johnny,

I remember, when I was a kid, my grandparents used to love listening to this 1960’s song of “Harlem Nocturne” by The Viscounts and I know there’s been so many versions of this song over the years, but was wondering who was the original artist for this song? It’s perfect for the Saxophone 🙂 Love that sound in this version.

john
      Keymaster

I have a cd with around 20 tracks on it and they’re all Harlem Nocturn versions each done by a different artist.
        Not too long ago I thought about putting it up on the blog but I couldn’t find it!
        I think it may show up one day and I’ll share it, it was fun to listen to so many different versions of it.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

I was also trying to remember which was one of the movies featured the Viscounts version of this song and then I remember it was on the movie “Christine”. This sure would make an absolutely fantastic song for you to make available for people on your Music Selection to buy. It’s a mega-tune for the Saxophone!

Tim56
          Participant

Baboon: I have the music for this version. Let me know if youd like it. Tim

Michael Bishop
            Participant

For sure Tim56–thanks! I also wanted to share a version I found of King Curtis’ version of this same song. He’s by far my favorite Sax player of all time. I absolutely love the way Johnny captures the essence of his playing 🙂

Michael Bishop
              Participant

Sorry, clicked the wrong link in the post above–here it is: http://youtu.be/RXYop34wTec

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.