“In The Mood”
Saxophone Music and Backing Track
Watch and listen to Johnny’s version on video:
In The Mood Saxophone Music
Although several big artists recorded it, the most popular and famous recording of In The Mood was the Glen Miller version.
Here are a few interesting facts about this great song:
- Recorded in 1939 by Glenn Miller
- Big band era #1 hit
- Topped the charts in 1940 in the U.S.
- Featured in the movie Sun Valley Serenade
- In 1999, National Public Radio included it on the list of “The 100 most important American musical works of the 20th century”.
The melody goes back to 1931 when other big bands played it at the Savoy Night Club.
This In The Mood backing track was totally inspired by this Glen Miller’s recording and the arrangement was done to sound as close as possible to this awesome version done back in 1939.
It’s transcribed as in the same key recorded by the Glen Miller orchestra which is A flat major. This puts the tenor chart in B flat major and the alto chart in F major.
The In The Mood Saxophone Music Download Includes Audio Track & Music Charts:
- same tracks as in the music video above (one with sax and one without sax)
- high quality MP3 file (192 kbps)
- music charts for all Bb and Eb saxes
- charts print as full size music sheets
The 2nd audio track has the lead sax separated to one channel giving you full control to as much or as little lead sax you need to help guide you as you are learning the song.
Download the In The mood Saxophone Music and Backing Track
To download the saxophone music and mp3 audio play-along backing track click the button below. After payment you will receive an email containing your special link to the download page:
$9 Get It
If you have any questions, concerns, or problems with this download just post me a message in the forum: https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/forum
thanks, now download the song and have fun!