Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire 1993 TV Special “The Big Ticket” Johnny playing with Colin James

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hey guys,
      Thought you might like to see this video I found of Johnny playing with Colin James in 1993 on what they called “The Big Ticket”…that sounds/style is so distinct to Johnny 🙂 If you look at the timer of 8:31 in the ending credits, it has Johnny listed as the Sax player. Gotta love this stuff!

Dazza
      Participant

Looks like Colin James band was a lot of fun Johnny. I just saw Greg Piccalo in the band also. I happened across some of his youtube videos when trolling for blues stuff. Do you ever see or play with him anymore! Hes got a cool style.

john
        Keymaster

that was the Little big band line up which included the full horn section…most of the time it was just a 5 piece.
          Bet yes, with the “Roomful of Blues” horn section it was a blast….especially for me! Greg is a very cool guy and great sax player and I really enjoyed playing and hanging with him. The piano player is Reese Wynans who was Stevei Ray Vaughan’s keyboard player and on bass is Norm Fisher who plays now with Bryan Adams.

jake
          Participant

Thanks for sharing! That was great! Music is amazing, I love how the people were moving and grooving to the beat without any words!! Amazing job done there Johnny!! I love how that sax just fills the room! I love playing with a guitar player because it just adds so much to the music, just fills the atmosphere right up!!

James
            Participant

Very cool! Great hair, Johnny!Thanks for posting.

King Casey
              Participant

Whoah!! some fantastic wailing there! Luxuriant in all respects.
                cheers, Mark.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.