Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video A clip of a gig from last night – the tune is You Never Can Tell.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike Potter
    Participant

I hadn’t solo’d on this tune up until this gig, so I was a bit unsure I guess but it’s in D major so what could go wrong!! Ha, besides everything. After listening to it I just here so many things in my head I could have done (more/better) but like most things at a gig “keep it simple”.

Wild Adults

john
      Keymaster

Sounds good Mike… you guys are looking more COLORFUL on stage, I like it!
        I also appreciate the fact that you’re playing with 2 guitars and you’re coming thru nicely.

Pete
        Participant

Like that mike , you sound good to me.

Mike Potter
          Participant

Thanks gents, the pentatonic studies lessons have helped getting the solo melodies in my head worked into the horn. Still have a long way to go!

This group is a blast to gig with but they only play a few times a year at special events, the other gig videos I’ve posted were with a blues band that has since imploded (kind of a thing with hobby bands) but just as well I’m really burnt out on playing standard 12 bar blues tunes at 80 bpm, I’d rather play rock and roll. I’m trying to find more gigs where we would only play 1 or 2 sets, none of them want to play the traditional 4 set gig which I understand, none of us are young any longer. I think if I could find at least a monthly event we’d practice more and sound tighter.

Yeah the suits are a must with these guys, I look like a giant purple circus tent… need to have the jacket taken in some (and drop about 40 pounds…)!!

Gary Deripaska
            Participant

Awesome Mike Sounds great

Simon
              Participant

I like it, u sound so natural.

RockinRobin
                Participant

Sounds great Mike. I’ve been trying to learn “You never can tell” since hace mucho tempo”.It’s a keeper.

saxomonica
                  Participant

Way cool, Mike. fat dirty sound but dainty clean fingerwork.

i like it too 🙂

RockinRobin
                    Participant

Ok, maybe Johnny might put the sheet music for “You never can tell” in the repertoire section. Mike plays it right and so does Bruce Springsteen and his sax player plays a solo.

RockinRobin
                      Participant

OK Mike. My email address is grandeza@icloud.com Thanks a bunch, I got the sheet music from music notes but it’s not quite right.

William

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.