Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video A few clips from a gig last night!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Potter
    Participant

Had a gig last night, first one with this group since 2019. They play a mix of oldies but it’s all up beat and fun. We played the tune “Never Can Tell”, which I renamed “The Song that Doesn’t End” for the horn section… Good times. The clips are from friends who attended, hoping to get better video from the event staff who was supposedly videoing the bands performance.

john
      Keymaster

nice Mike…that last bit the sax was really there with some nice tone and and reverb. looks like a fun band to play with and your friends did a nice job of editing the bits for you. good to see some people getting a few gigs back!

Mel
        Participant

Looks like a lot of fun!

RockinRobin
          Participant

Nice one Mike. Looks like a rocking band

Mike Potter
            Participant

thanks folks, it was fun, I was able to play the Bari I picked up last fall at a gig finally! Man that thing literally wore me out, I’m glad I only had to play it on half the songs! We only had a couple practices as a horn section before this gig, typically I’m the only horn in the band, the band leader wanted to bring in another sax and trumpet, there were a few clams getting tossed around but overall it sounded fine. Looking forward to more shows in the near future, hopefully!

RockinRobin
              Participant

Inspired by Mike Potter I again checked out Johnny’s sheet music. I played it in D major; I played it in G major, F major, C major and I used Chuck Berry’s sheet music. In every key the last measure, last two measures never sounded right. The small solo parts were right. The song is in 4 parts. The 4th part in G major sounded right, ie the last three measures including the coda sounded right” Transposed from G Major to D Major
                A B B# C# A A B G A E G F# D D
                Goes about that way

William

RockinRobin
                Participant

Inspired by Mike Potter to tackle “You never can Tell” for the zint number of times and again I put it away for later. I have it in many keys. Johnny’s is the best. So C’est la vie for another time
                  William

Robert Frederick
                  Participant

Woo Hooo!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.