Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone A few pictures of my new recording room/space

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

My recording room
      Main entrance into the housemain entrance

We started moving into our new place today….everything is brand new, the floors, paint, kitchen, bathroom, everything. There’s 1 picture of the room, from the entrance of the room, where I’ll be doing uploads in and will be used only for practice and recording–ample wall space on the wall to hang Johnny’s Autographed picture and the rest of my collection of famous Saxophone player pictures. The Saxophones will be left on stands…and the doors LOCKED so that the kids can’t get in and knock them over. The entire place has awesome insulation and we did some “sound test” while I was inside playing really high-screaming Altissimo notes with someone else standing outside of the room…you couldn’t hear much of anything 🙂

john
      Keymaster

Wow what a great room Micheal hope you get to spend some good time there…lucky you!

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Hey Johnny, just to clarify, the picture on the very top is my room for practicing/recording and not the other 2 pictures on the bottom where I’m standing…those other 2 pictures of the “long” room is the entrance of the house itself. That would be crazy to have a room that big LOL I wouldn’t complain about it though 🙂 With my medical condition of PTSD and only required to work 28 hours a week…I’ll have plenty of time for spend in there. I’m very, very excited about having the extra time and will most certainly be making good use of it…I get regular consistent practice as it is, let alone the extra time that I have now. My wife worked for the public schools as a substitute before, but when I got my diagnosis she took a permanent, PT position that paid a little bit more than what she was earning previously, plus my job, out of the blue and totally unexpected, gave me a pay raise to compensate for less hours I’m working (I guess that means they like me LOL) so we’re fine. With my wife helping me the way she has, helping me get my Trevor James Saxophones, I HAD to do this song for her below that I’ve talked about already…I’ve learned the solo and I’m working on the main melody now. Karaoke actually had a good backing track for this song and with their custom features I could mute the Sax playing on the backing track, so I can play those Sax lines myself. We don’t find “truely’ good backing tracks on there very often LOL I don’t know if anyone else thinks this will make a good Saxophone instrumental or not….doesn’t matter to me because this upload will be for her 🙂

Anonymous

wow – looks great Michael!

Soon as you’re settled in – you’ll be up and running!!

Don’t forget to keep the wife in the loop if she’s taking on more hours at work!!!

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Actually JB, I did think about dropping her off on the side of the road next chance I get, she knows her way home LOL LOL Of course I keep her in the loop, always have. And besides, this was her idea. She’s working about 7 hours more a week and that’s it. She was a substitute before and they’ve kept her steadily busy all this time, she said she had been thinking about going permanent PT anyway, so she just took my new circumstances as the time to do it. Everything working out great 🙂

William Cingolani
              Participant

Looks good Michael. Wide open space.

Michael Bishop
                Participant

We’re in our new house as of tonight….big relief that it’s finally over. Now comes the fun part of getting everything arranged and set up around the entire house. At least I’m still getting regular practice, for the next week or so it’s an ‘abbreviated’ practice so that I don’t loose my chops.

paddy jordan
                  Participant

I wish you all the best in your new home , happy practicing Michael.

William Cingolani
                    Participant

Looks good Mike. Maybe I’ll be setting up a recording space soon. It’ll be a space within a space.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.