Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone A House Is Not A Home – Tenor Sax Cover

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Melinauskas
    Participant

Anonymous

Well played!

john
        Keymaster

nice vibrato and intonation…way to go Chuck!

Chuck Melinauskas
          Participant

John,

Thanks for listening and providing your encouraging comments. I appreciate it. That being said, I wanted to let you know that I have been playing the saxophone for over sixty years. I’m currently 71 and have played since I was 11 years old. I’m pretty sure that I have very good control of the 2 1/2 octave range of both my tenor and alto saxes. I’ve had absolutely no success with altissimo, and that disturbs me greatly. I would just like to get up there at unique times and play some of the various tunes out there that require it. I am strongly considering purchasing your altissimo course. I plan on giving it my very best shot. Do you think there is much hope for an “old fart” like me?

Chuck

john
            Keymaster

of course! having full and good control over the 2 and a half range of the sax is all we need to conquer the altissimo range.
              the first and very important exercises we start with are in fact improving some of these things so you might very well be able to get off to a fast start.
              Once you get thru the overtone/harmonic exercises you will experience the all-important “aha” moment and your only regret might be that you didn’t discover it sooner.

Mel
              Participant

Nicely done Chuck!

twoshoes
                Participant

Beautiful Chuck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.