Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions A question for those who play tenor and soprano

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Dazza
    Participant

Another cool listening feature….play both clips at the same time and line them up and the duet sounds great. If they aren’t lined up perfectly you get a nice reverb happening!

Anonymous

Fanastic – the tenor version Rocks!!!
        My mind has been changed!
        Another one to add to the list to buy – thanks JF!

Pete
        Participant

Johnny is it the same sheet music for both tenor/ soprano
          just bought soprano now you have done tenor, or is in different

Pete
          Participant

Johnny is it the same sheet music for both tenor/ soprano
            just bought soprano now you have done tenor, or is it in
            a different key.

Marc
            Participant

If Johnny has honored the memory of Mr. Adolph Sax, which we all assume he has, the sheet music is exactly the same for any saxophone… the soprano version will sound one exact octave higher than the tenor, and a written C will sound Bb on both horns.

john
              Keymaster

thanks for all the input guys!
                @ Dazza, so many variations for playing this out there but my fave has always been the original by Cannonball Aderley’s Quintet with the guy who wrote it on piano – Joe Zawinal. Play it very laid back, almost behind the beat to sound extra soulful and lazy…

@ Peter, no I was reading from the same chart as you…remember soprano and tenor are both in Bb so you have the right chart.
                also, every song I make available for you guys to download includes both options at the download page – Bb and Eb so that covers all the main saxophones…
                if someone has a C Melody I can also include the C concert chart by special request.

Anonymous

Well guys after listening to both versions I have to say that for this tune I think the Soprano is the better choice.

It’s a kind of reflective early morning get up and get going off to work tune, and conjures up images of offices, cars and people in the streets moving about.

I associate the Tenor sound with the after hours laid-back relaxation, or the active jump up and jive dance club recreation activities.

Pete
                  Participant

Thanks Johnny
                    Wasn’t thinking right stupid question to ask on my part
                    I did know both instruments are Bb flat, why I asked I
                    don’t know must be old age.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.