Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Registration or Download Issues altissimo course

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dan Fleming
    Participant

Johnny, I signed up for the altissimo course and the other day decided to watch the video but because of buffering problems had to shut it off. Now I can’t find it again. Am I nuts or did I really see it? Can you help me?

john
      Keymaster

It’s in the blog section and the post is titled The Saxophone Altissimo Range

Dan Fleming
        Participant

The video I tried to watch yesterday was about playing low Bb. That’s the one that disappeared. The one that I saw today was the introductory one of just over 2 minutes.

john
          Keymaster

Oh I see… It must have been that we were doing some testing with one of the lesson pages or new video player and it went online for a few minutes and that;’s when you happened to see it. It was only there for a few minutes.

Lee Dove
            Participant

Hi,
              I signed up for the altissimo but have not seen anything yet , have I missed something or has it not started yet ?

john
              Keymaster

Sorry for the confusion, it is not ready yet but I am working on it everyday that I can. Starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel though!
                I can confirm your email address is on the list, and I did send out an update on the course’s progress but you may have signed up after that message went out.

Lee Dove
                Participant

No problem with waiting , just wanted to make sure I had not missed it 🙂

Keep up the great work.

Michael Bishop
                  Participant

Hey Johnny, do you know more or less when was the last update regarding the course’s progress? Was there another notice recently you sent out? So, so glad Johnny decided to do this; there is virtually nothing out there on this awesome/important facet of saxophone playing; slim pickings to say the least (just a little of this and a little of that) so Johnny is filling a huge, huge void for the rest of us Saxophone student players 🙂 I think sometimes experienced Saxophone players can tend to forget (Johnny is NOT one of these) what it was like being in OUR shoes as Saxophone students, being ready to start on the Altissimo range and it adds so much more spice and flavor to our playing…..but it’s so frustrating because no one showed us how or what to do. A perfect example is Johnny’s sax version of “Mack the Knife” I just about have it ready–in the last scale of the song, F Major (for Tenor) Johnny is playing Altissimo C, A, A# and B. It’s still sounds good to scale down and play these notes the way the sheet music shows (and the way I have to play it right now LOL) but it sounds SO good to hear the last scale of this song in the Altissimo range.
                    Johnny hasn’t forgotten what it’s like to be in our shoes, so it’s awesome to see him undertake teaching us the Altissimo range. It’s going to add so much more to our playing and so much more fun 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.