Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Alto saxophone MP

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    paddy jordan
    Participant

i had one of his pieces and they are shoddy! i think he must make them in the dark.There are many mouthpiece makers out there that put his to shame.

Anonymous

Thank you paddy. Vinny

Anonymous

I can’t wait to get my new Guardala Alto Studio Fatboy

Anonymous

Michael, I missed your message. Thank you for your comment as well. I am lookng forward to getting the Alto FatBoy Mouthpiece that I recently ordered

Michael Bishop
            Participant

No worries Vince 🙂 I’ve had a health issue I’ve been dealing with and recovery has been slow but steady. Some days I feel awesome and the next day I don’t, but I’m slowly recovering–slowly but surely. As a player whose made the commitment to hard rubber/ebonite MPs, I’m really curious about that Studio Guardala for the Alto Sax–no one on here has talked about it at all, or the Studio Guardala for Tenor Sax. Last year I bought a new Tenor and a new Alto, but the Alto was my first choice–the Alto Sax is WAY cool 🙂 About 2 years ago, when I was getting ready to buy my new Saxophones, I got into a conversation with a guy at a music shop out in New Mexico who said I was wasting my $ on a new Alto and that only the best players in the world would play the Tenor…..can you imagine that?!? Guess he hasn’t heard of Candy Dulfer, Michael Lington, Cannonball Adderly, Paul Desmond…the list goes on and on. Don’t ever let anyone tell you anything to the contrary Vince…the Alto Sax is an AWESOME instrument 🙂 There’s folk on youtube putting out some good, good stuff on the Alto. Johnny has done a few killing Alto Sax videos too, would be cool to see him later do a couple more. A couple of years ago, Johnny posted this article in the blog on the Alto Sax, don’t know if you’ve seen it. Check it out when you get the chance, here’s the link below:

Alto Sax Sheet Music

Anonymous

Awesome post sir, I got Johnny link. I got two Alto Saxophone from a professional outfit out in Chicago il. Sax Dakota. I love their horns. Vinny

Anonymous

I hope you get a speedy and full recovery

Michael Bishop
                  Participant

A full recovery is certainly happening, but not quite as speedy as I would like, but these things take time. I’m more discouraged with the timing of events, but it’s the fun of the Sax that keeps me going and that will make the wait of recovery totally worth it 🙂 It just too much fun to get discouraged and give up….and believe me, those thoughts have come into my mind at times. We all get discouraged, it’s only human nature to sometimes think the wrong things. I think there’s more to be learned in the discouraging times than there is to be learned in the good times, because it’s those low/discouraging times that make us even better of players…there’s a lot to be learned in those times that we all get down from setbacks, discouragements, etc.. and it makes the rewards/accomplishments feel that much better. So I’m looking at the bigger picture.

Anonymous

I so understand to some degree, I can’t say I agree full about health issues at this point, but I will mske it a point to think about you a nd wish that speedy recovery to you, I love the Sax , I work long hours 5 days a week so when I get home some days I just eat s ome thing and go to bed, lol. It’s the weekends that I look at playing for hours. Love it I still suck. Lol

paddy jordan
                      Participant

Hey Michael sorry to hear you have,nt been so good lately,but don’t get despondent theres lots of your co sax players who wish you well and look forward to seeing your chirpy self back in action.see you soon take care.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.