Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Amazing Grace download?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    joel pollock
    Participant

Hi. Does the Amazing Grace sheet music download include the grace notes you are playing in the example video or is it just the plain melody? Thanks.

john
      Keymaster

Just the plain melody.
        Did you miss the grace notes lesson?:

Embellishments-2

joel pollock
        Participant

Thanks. I’m just a beginner. I’m going to purchase the beginner first 4 song package. I’m watching your 14 free lessons now. Or is there a beginning saxophone package I should buy?

john
          Keymaster

The first bunch of free lessons will do you fine. Once you’re getting some solids sounds and learn all the fingering start working on those easy tunes.

joel pollock
            Participant

where can i find embellishments-1? i’ve been looking everywhere. thanks.

john
              Keymaster

It’s here:

Embellishments-1

john springer
                Participant

I am wondering why Amazing Grace written with a G Major key signature when there is not an F/F# in the song? Since there are no sharps or flats in the song, why is this not just called the key of C? It it because of the tonic? Did I answer my own question? Seems funny to play to a song in some key without fingering any sharps or flat from that key but I guess it can be true?

john
                  Keymaster

That is a good and fair question John.
                    The answer is that it doesn’t matter if there is or isn’t an F in the melody.
                    The composer wrote a beautiful melody in the key of G major but found no use or need for the F note.
                    This is irrelevent as to the key in which the song is in. In this case it is indeed in the key of G major.
                    Not having an F in a piece of music that’s in G is more unusual than having one but it is indeed the case here.

If you want to analyze this music take a look at the notes used: more than any others, the most used notes in that song are G, B, and D.
                    when you lay out a G major chord what are the notes? G, B, D
                    and that is why you can’t just say it’s in the key of C.

john springer
                    Participant

Clear and concise answer. Makes perfect sense now. Thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.