Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips Anfree Saxaphone Swabs

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mel.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    Participant

I bought one of these last fall and like it alot!

https://www.peakmusicstands.com/anfreeproducts/anfree-tenor-saxophone-swab

brother cavefish
      Participant

at first it had me sold till i seen it was flat on one side, nope, sticking with bamboo swabs

Mel
        Participant

It opens flat about two thirds of the way. As it is pulled through it collapses and is very snug as it is pulled through. Works great in my opinion.

john
          Keymaster
            brother cavefish
            Participant

i am sure it works fine, all those little wiggle things, nook and cranny grabbers,, i get it would have to be flt and collapsible as to get into the neck section

Anonymous

I use a BG Alto Sax Swab cloth, which is an absorbent cloth attached to a ribbon, weighted at the end. I roll the cloth up to pull it into the neck tube and this dries it completely. I pull this unfolded cloth through the body until all the drops of condensation have been removed, usually 3-5 times. I’ve discovered the top side key and palm key valves are still very damp even after doing this. So I insert a 1″ strip of sugar paper under the valves to absorb the water. I have to move the paper over two or three times to dry out these top four valves completely before removing it. I leave the sax to dry out for an additional 10-15 minutes before putting it away in it’s case.

Mel
                Participant

They sell a smaller one for swabbing the neck. I still just use my small cloth neck swab for that.

brother cavefish
                  Participant

i use BG micro fiber pads for the top holes and all other holes

Mel
                    Participant

I have a BG Pad dryer. I use it when I get a sticky pad.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.