Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Anyone out there who plays Elvis songs on their Saxophone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Is there anyone who has tried learning some of Elvis’ songs on their Saxophone? We have one of his songs here “Can’t Help Falling in Love” very, very beautiful and simple and it sounds GREAT on the Saxophone 😎 There’s 4 other songs of his from the 1950s,off the top of my mind, I think would go well in particular with the Saxophone/the right mouthpiece and played on the Tenor—“Mess of Blues” “Mean Woman Blues” “Trouble” and “Got a lot of Livin’ to do.” These songs in particular have a really nice blues swing to them. I was wanting to learn some of his songs after I finish Johnny’s ebook on Killer Blues.

Ridge
      Participant

One of the first songs I practiced was, Love me Tender- [Aura Lee]. It is in concert B b , I play an alto so I have the sheet music in G. It is simple quarter, half, and whole notes played in the mid range of the sax but you can also go up an octave and it plays easy. I think you could have some fun with it…..Ridge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.