Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone As the story goes here are some Fields of Gold with Horses

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

Anonymous

sounds better William – the recording mix of backing track & sax has improved!

wayne wojnarowski
        Participant

William it made me feel so sad . But thatsgood man good emotion!!

Anonymous

That’s a mellow sounding sax William, the sound mix is clear indeed.

William Cingolani
            Participant

Sxpoet, Wayne, and Jeff, thanks for stopping by.

wayne wojnarowski
              Participant

Johnnie I think your videos look and sound top notch1 Do you have some other folks producing them for you? I’m a novice at all of this but every little bit helps, what kind of mikes are you using? Expensive? camera,?? expensive?? I never see a mike that your blowing into, your lighting is always good What’s your secret bud??I noticed your backing tracks are so good , do you create those with your band mates or I think you use APPLE products so are they something you can create with your computer?? Do you use those professional type lights that look like they are contained inside of a sort of umbrella??

Marc Justiniano
                Participant

William, sad sound but nice. Well played and the mix was very nice too

wayne wojnarowski
                  Participant

Hey Marc thanks for the nice words, yes I have had my sax for yrs. sitting in the closet, over the yrs. I would take it out like going back out with your “old girl” and I mean nothing but respect by that. But I’m actually a drummer so inevitably I would put it down I’m on a 6yr stretch of constant practicing I have sought out the teachers in the Chicagoland area and practice my butt off EVERYDAY minimum 1hr. usually 2 plus no kids no wife get it!!But I do have a job to live and it gets depressing when you don’t have a forum to stretch out on like Johnnies. But I feel like I’m on a plateau I need Johnnie and you guys to get me to the next level.

William Cingolani
                    Participant

Thanks Marc

Kevin
                      Participant

William, thought I’d chime in with the others and give you props on your efforts at putting up a good quality video. Sax is sounding good as always. You play all the notes cleanly and with expression. The one thing that creates tension (likely just me) for what I’m intent on enjoying listening to, is the timing to playing with the backing track. (Curious if it’s just me with this observation) To my ear and sense of beat, your getting noticeably behind and end phrases without being caught back up.
                        I like to hear when musicians “make it their own” by performing the melody line with intentional delaying and speeding up of the familiar notes, but it needs to be back “in time” to the beat established by the band in very short order (a few notes) to sound like the musician is in control and not messing up.
                        Hope my input is helpful and not otherwise…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.