Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Backing tracks Who will make a couple?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Dan Fleming
    Participant

I am in need of somebody to make a backing track of a Boots Randolph medley that is on Youtube. Can anybody suggest who to contact to make it for me? thanks

Keith Davidson
      Participant

Send me the link to the medley. I cant promise anything but I’ll check it out

Keith

john
        Keymaster

Also Michael Bishop has someone who’s done a few for him…hey Michael?

brother cavefish
          Participant

If one is a new player, actually there are many other great songs out there that already have what you need, to spend money on something Jazzbacks has alot of great tunes,, food for thought

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Hey guys–As Johnny said, I have some folks I use for making custom tracks for me. They do great work and their prices are very reasonable. They use real musicians in a real studio. They require a 50% deposit up front and you pay the remaining balance after you’ve reviewed the completed track and you approve it, ask them to change something, etc.. The link is below. Create a username & password. After you’ve done that, select the ‘request music’ tab and fill out the form. They respond much quicker to you if you have a username/password set up first, which you’re going to need to download your custom tracks. I have several custom tracks which I’ve never gotten around to showing anyone/uploading, but I’m looking to do so as I get back into playing shape.

When I started having custom track made, my first/obvious choice was Johnny, but he’s really busy. I’m stoked he’s now offering transcription services, I’ll definitely be sending some stuff his way, other stuff I’ll be doing simply by ear. It’s true there’s some places where you can get cool backing tracks made already for jazz, blues, pop, etc.. But the custom tracks I had made are for songs from King Curtis, Junior Walker, Sil Austin, Mike Shapiro, Red Prysock, etc.. In other words, it’s the kind of stuff that you’re simply not going to find anywhere online–unless someone like Johnny outright produced it.

https://www.custombackingtracks.net/

brother cavefish
              Participant

whats the cost

Michael Bishop
                Participant

@ brother cavefish It just depends on the backing track itself and the work that’s required to make it/produce it.

brother cavefish
                  Participant

i dont think its cheap, i was thinking of this a couple of years ago , and got a quote,, that was the end of that thought, all for just one song, not for me, there is plenty of great songs out there on backing tracks ,,, “saxsolos” is not bad either for notes and music , but now Johnny is offering it

Dan Fleming
                    Participant

OK, Michael, I’ll check these guys out. I had one made a few years ago but can’t remember who made it. I think the guy has quit doing it now though. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the info.

john
                      Keymaster

to create a backing track (high quality one) is about as much work as recording a record. In reality it can cost thousands of dollars a day with studio time, paying a handful of musicians, engineer.

Most people online don’t want to pay for hardly anything…they want it free or real cheap.

There are faster and cheaper ways such as the band in a box, MIDI stuff but the difference between that and a band in the studio is big.

When Michael told me how much he paid those guys to create a track for him I said I simply could not do that. I forgot what the price was exactly but let’s say $100. it takes me about a week to get one done. How many of you would work for one week to make $100?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.