Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Backing tracks Who will make a couple?

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Keith Davidson
    Participant

i make most of mine on my keyboard recorded through my mixer to Adobe Audition. If it’s just something for practice I’ll just use one track and record the bass, piano, drums, etc. onto the one track. If I’m going to record it to make a CD I’ll record each track separate and then add in vocals, sax, etc. on separate tracks as well.

Once I have everything recorded I’ll mix it and then master it.

We use a lot of my backing tracks when our trio plays dances on the weekends.

If you’re looking for relatively cheap backing tracks check out http://www.karaoke-version.com (no affiliation) They have full tracks that are completely finished in mp3 format as well as separate tracks that you can mix to your liking prior to download.

It’s a great site and the quality is quite good and done to the original artists structure and key.

And to top it off – your purchased tracks are under “my files” link when you log in so if you want to change the key (up or down 2 half tones), or change volume on different tracks (custom tracks) you can change them and then download them again – no limit – they’re yours.

You need to set up an account naturally which is free 🙂

Dan Fleming
      Participant

I use Karaoke-version.com for a lot of songs. Unless you want a custom arrangement they are fine………….and cheap. They even allow you to change the key up or down a few steps.

brother cavefish
        Participant

there are thousands of bad ass backing tracks out there for peanuts ,, nicely done too

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Good points being made by everyone here. I was asked where I get my custom tracks made, so I shared it with everyone. There are lots of great places where we can get great tracks. The folks I use aren’t my sole source of tracks–I use many from Karaoke. I just purchased Elvis’ song of ‘Mess of Blues’ from Karaoke and use the custom features to create a really nice track, sounds great 🙂 I used Karaoke’s custom features and removed the guitar solo in the original song so that I can play my own Improved solo with the Saxophone. The track came out nice 🙂

To the other extreme, I use the folks I use to create tracks that you’re simply not going to find on places like Karaoke. If someone can find a good source of backing tracks, (which are already premade which I can download like you would from places like Karaoke) for songs created by players like King Curtis, Junior Walker, Red Prysock, Big Jay Mcneely, Sil Austin, Earl Bostic, Mike Shapiro, etc.. then please let me know. The folks I use produce impossible-to-find tracks to my taste/personal preferences. No, they’re not cheap, but the tradeoff is the quality of the track.

brother cavefish
            Participant

i have some in these too karaoke is nice

brother cavefish
              Participant

Smooth backing tracks does great tracks ,, for 10-15.00 they will also do requests but high end dollars

Dan Fleming
                Participant

The one I needed involved bass, drums, & guitar. That’s about it. Less than 3 minutes in duration. Cost was $105.00 US dollars. If they do this all the time I would think they have their own recording stuff and would not have to rent a recording studio.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.