Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself baritone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dirk McCall
    Participant

Johnny, I like your sound! D.O.A.? A great band, I saw them play at Humboldt State in ’87 maybe you were there. I started playing this year and somehow got enough together to play this month in a San Francisco club with a workshop band. Here I am on the side playing baritone on Jr. Walker’s Roadrunner[embed][/embed] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNAqZxjsl6k%5Bembed%5D%5B/embed%5D I hope I can learn to rip some like you do.

john
      Keymaster

Hey thanks for that Dirk! San Fran, yes I played there… do you know a place called Biscuits & Blues?
        I knew the guys in DOA and so played on a couple of their recordings and even sat in on a show or two of theirs here in Vancouver but no, I wasn’t with them in 87 when you saw them.
        Anyway, good for you for getting it together to sit in with a band after playing for such a short time.
        Keep it going!
        Johnny

Dirk McCall
        Participant

Yes, Biscuits $ Blues…. I’ve been there many times when I lived a short walk away. Fried catfish and a biscuit with the music. What I remember best from the DOA show was when the fella played the chainsaw!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.