Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Been busy–got picked by a Blues Band.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hi guys,
      Haven’t been on Johnny’s site for about a month, sorry about that guys. In September I got picked up by a Blues Band and in October I have been very, very busy with rehersalss and gigs. We’ve had a gig every single weekend and it will continue for the rest of this year, some of our upcoming gigs are in out-of-state locations. Thankfully my job accommodates well to my now busy playing schedule. I can tell you this much….playing your own blues solos with Altissimo in front of other people is one of the greatest feelings in the world….people really get hooked on the stuff 🙂 Will get something on here as soon as my schedule permits–rock on guys. JOHNNY: Thank you so, so much for everything you’ve done to help me learn this awesome instrument–never planned on anything like this happening, being picked up by a Blues band 🙂

Pete
      Participant

Hi Michael
        Well done so far, you have persevered and it is paying off
        for you, can only get better,
        Good luck
        Keep Blowing.

Mel
        Participant

Exciting stuff! Love the Blues!

john
          Keymaster

Congrats Michael very glad to hear the good news

paddy jordan
            Participant

Well done Michael its always nice when we hear a post like this,it also gives the newer players here on this site encouragement to see where they can go to with there playing if they put the time in.
              Paddy

Andrew Gibson
              Participant

Hi Michael, that is so awesome. Hey can you tell us what you did to get noticed? Did you have an audition, join a blues club?

William Cingolani
                Participant

Blues Band sounds great

. I have a question about those Capitol letters I see in some music scores. I have a sheet music score “WAVE” and these letters appear in squares in four sections of the sheet music. “A” marking the first 12 bars, “B” marking the next 12 bars, “C” marking the next 8 bars, “D” marking the next 12 bars. And the repeat goes back to section “C” and goes all the way through section “D”

john
                  Keymaster

I think it’s just that William, to mark the next group of 12 bars as they will be slightly different from each one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.