Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Blue Bayou on tenor sax (bo bo bo dim ba dee ay)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

paddy jordan
      Participant

Hi William Roy Orbison turned out some great stuff and i that was up there with the best your choice here,you there was a nice flow to your playing,but as Johnny has said to others previously the reverb makes it sound like your playing down a well.Like any spice the art is in getting the right amount in there.

William Cingolani
        Participant

Thanks Paddy. I used Garage Band and there was no reverb setting. I do use a blue bird mic and an sE Electronics Reflexion Filter X http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ReflexionX I do thank you for your comments. There was an echo setting. Could be too much echo

john
          Keymaster

ya that sounds like echo not reverb. it sticks out because it doesn’t blend with the track…
            imagine a 5 piece band playing in a normal sized room, the sax woulnd’t sound like that because it’s a normal room. so when it does and the other instruments don’t then it’s not right.
            I have added a tiny bit of echo on certain recordings to just the sax, but just a slight slap-back much like the old rock or rock-a-billy recordings

William Cingolani
            Participant

Thanks Johnny. I’ll pay more attention to blending in with rest of the band. I went back to garage band and removed the echo. Sounds better. I’ll repost the updated version.

William Cingolani
              Participant

William Cingolani
                Participant

I removed the echo and reposted the video with the revised music. Thank Paddy and Johnny.I learned something today

Anonymous

2nd recording definitely sounds better! i get to hear your sax more like what it should sound like. The more you tinker the more synthetic
                    it starts to sound.

i wouldn’t get too over bothered about presenting recordings using backing tracks, imho recordings with backing tracks tend to sound very artificial alongside any instrument. No matter what you do, playing along to a backing track is still not going to sound like you are playing in a live band. But that doesn’t really matter, its all about how you sound at the end of the day!

William Cingolani
                    Participant

Thanks sxpoet

Anonymous

Hi William. We are enjoying your videos and have listened to both versions, I much prefer the sax with it’s natural sound.

Where is the river scene video taken?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.