Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Bringing Saxy Back in New Jersey

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim Millaway
    Participant

Hi All & Johnny,

When I was 13 years old all I wanted to do was join the Philadelphia Stringbands (New Years Mummers Parade) and that is when I bought a $50 used Conn and learned to play. After I tired of parades and heard that magical sound from Clarence Clemens and the East Street Band I wanted to play rock ‘n roll! After several garage bands I landed a gig with a band called the Inmates. We played every dirty bar and club in and around Philly. My signature tune became Tequila where I jump on the bar belted out that solo. People loved it! We never moved beyond that stage and always wanted to bring it to the next level. Family came, then sobriety, and the grown up life. I never put the sax away but the time between secessions became longer. Now 52 and rediscovering my love for horn. I’m getting horny again!

n71kd-Catti.jpg
      9u7s2-TI.jpg

john
      Keymaster

haha great story and love the pics!
        Good luck with your sax playing (again)
        Johnny

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Hey TimSaxM, cool to see you here and love your pics–I know what you mean about Tequila; I learned to play it; along with the solo–and it’s THE song that friends want to hear from me LOL This November I’ll be playing at an event that was organized for players of different instruments of all skill levels–it’s kind of like a talent show–I’ll get to play on stage in front of a couple hundred people and the Organizer of the event, that’s held in a theater, asked me to play Tequila. Next Memorial Day weekend, we hold the annual Arkansas River Fest here in Little Rock; starting now August 1 they start organizing this event because it’s big and I was asked to show up and play at the River Fest (no way am I turning that invitation down) and, again, I was asked to play Tequila 🙂 If you do a google search on the Little Rock, Arkansas annual River Fest you’ll see what I mean. There’s 3 stages, one of which pro bands play and the other 2 stages are for local/family talent and it’s on 1 of these other 2 stages that I’ll get to play….using Johnny’s backing tracks 🙂 My family will be filming me play at these 2 events both times and will be sure to post them here on the blog for members to see.
          Speaking of posting videos on the blog, I would love to see a video of your playing here on the Member’s Videos! 🙂

Tim Millaway
          Participant

Thank you Johnny and Boboon,

I saw the Arkansas River Fest webpage. I have a friend from Jersey who grew up there. He said it I look for forward to seeing a video of your performance on Tequila. Remember to wear your “PeeWee Herman” Shoes. ahhh Good Stuff! Thanks you both for the stories and inspiration. I’ll be sure looking for updates and posting mine in this sax-fabulous community!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.