Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Buona Sera/Boa Tarde

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hello All
      I am Paul Ferrario, Johnny’s Italian cousin 😀 . I have played alto sax since the 5th grade, starting in 1968, so 46 years. Well, that is if we don’t count the 32 years that my horn sat in its case in the closet collecting dust. I played through elementary school, HS (marching and jazz bands), and some in college. I had planned on becoming a music teacher, but those who remember the late 70s also remember the crappy economy. Practicality and my dad’s advice prevailed and I followed a different path.
      Fast-forward to 2014. I had my Bundy restored (I am sentimental), and to my great surprise, I can still play…not great, but not too embarrassingly awful either. My biggest issue will be in building my breath control. I am having a blast though, and I am excited to be here with all of you beginners and recidivists!
      My piano teacher while growing up in the Bay Area was also a Mr. Ferreira, so finding this site I am sure bodes well for my success.

john
      Keymaster

hey Paul boa tarde to you too!, thanks for for sharing your wonderful story!
        I know you’ll get your breathing back and even stronger now and hope to hear you playing your alto one day soon.

cheers and good luck with it
        Johnny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.