Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Problems With Your Sax? c# doesnt work on tenor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alyssa
    Participant

hey Johnny,
      while I was learning one of your songs, it asked for the c# and I noticed my sax didn’t change from low c while I was pushing down the side key. It seems the rod that it is attached to at the very bottom of the sax doesn’t do anything(the little stick thing at the end), I don’t know if it’s suppose to do that. Also, it doesn’t seem that there are any stuck keys from which the rod is attached to.
      Any ideas?

Hey Johnny,
      (replying doesn’t work for some reason, it doesn’t upload it)

sorry to bother you on this but is this what you were talking about?

7D6cnXE.jpg
      9rYPK5Q.jpg

john
      Keymaster

I do very limited repairs on my sax so usually end up taking it to my sax repair guy. Although what you are saying could be very easy to fix…
        There is a little rod or spring that makes the big rod that goes all the way down to that low note. but you’ll see this little spring under the C# note that’s part of that cluster of notes we play with the pinky. If you can see this spring and notice one of it’s ends is sticking out just stick it back into the groove it popped out of.

john
        Keymaster

Yes that’s the one, but it’s in the right place so that isn’t your problem. Next I would follow the rod down and at the end it connects to the pad rod with a screw set up as well, see if that is actually connected…when you play the note you’ll see it moving, if the note pad doesn’t open and close it’s because that connection is not happening.

Alyssa
          Participant

hmmm, would it be something inside the rod then?uTCWsr5.jpg
            Is this little thing suppose to open\close a note pad?
            Ayu0KdE.jpg
            ZiqOcCW.jpg

Saxophones really are intricate… lol

Alyssa
            Participant

HA! got it! youre a genius! I see what you meant now 🙂 the note on the very bottom opens now because a metal rod was not on its “hinge”. THANK YOU!

john
              Keymaster

Definately not a genius but on these type of things you can just follow through and see what the action of the horn is and sometimes it’s very obvious and you can then simply correct it, hey it’s always worth a try and do it yourself, I’m glad you caught it!…and now learned something more about your saxophone.

Alyssa
                Participant

yup haha, definetely gonna watch for those. Shouldn’t that be glued or something? Because the top rod couldn’t move…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.