Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire C# major scale on “Mack the Knife”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hey Johnny,
      When I ordered my Guardala, reeds, ligature, etc this morning from Amazon I ordered a new mic/camera and when it comes in I will upload Mack the Knife–LOVE this song! On the 2nd scale in the song, C# major, on the 5th measure it shows to play C#, A#, followed by an 8th C# note and a quarter C# note. When I watch you play these notes, it sounds like you’re playing the last 2 C# notes as accidentals–C natural notes. Is this correct? (I know the sheet music shows to play the C#, as the scale shows, and that is what we should play) Started your Altissimo course today 🙂

john
      Keymaster

Great Michael, as for the part in the song you need to be more precise so I can look at it…
        what saxophone part are you playing (EB, Bb) whcih page, bar etc
        I don’t know what you mean by ther 2nd scale in the song…maybe count the bars.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

I’m going to play this on Tenor Saxophone, on the first page of the sheet music, measures number 38-39. On this part of the song it’s in C# major and shows C#, A#, and 2-C# notes (1 of the C# notes is an 8th and the other is a quarter) When I watch you play these last 2 C# notes, I was wondering if you had played those last 2 C# notes as accidentals on video/C Naturals instead of C# like the sheet music shows here–it sounds really nice that way you played it.

john
          Keymaster

It’s just a little trick I do …when playing A# just wiggle the notes with your left hand.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.