Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons Chord Progression and Lead Part

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    John Clark
    Participant

No one can ever say that Johnny isn’t responsive to his students and customers.

I agree that the best of both worlds is knowing both ear and reading. My personal goal…

Thinking that it may have been easier to start with ear then the reading. Maybe starting with ear and basic theory of intervals then reading.

Now I find it difficult to give up the reading crutch, but it’s coming along…..

Dan Solem
      Participant

Thanks Johnny…I’ve read and watched all of your lessons and live it Man absolutely love it. You are doing a fantastic job! I have a lot of time away from my horn (airline pilot) so I’ve been focused on memorizing scales and hopefully that will help when I’m actually able to practice at home. What draws me to Blues and R&B is how it may seem simplistic to some, I know better…It has soul and feeling and means something. Keep up the great work!

John Clark
        Participant

Southside, you are cleared for departure Bb on runway D, climb and maintain C#m, contact Atlanta Center on ……. G Good Day.

john
          Keymaster

Ha very cool. I have a good friend who’s a pilot too, he plays guitar and now wants to learn sax. Through him I’ve met a few more pilots who all seem to play an instrument too…I guess you guys have time to learn when waiting for flights or between fly days.

Yes this style of music is simple in its theory etc and so is easy but to make it sound really good is not so simple and easy.
            Keep at it, I will have more stuff out that will help more regarding this topic.

Dan Solem
            Participant

It is 1,2,3,5,6 (Major Pentatonic) right?

john
              Keymaster

Yes right, sorry I wrote 12345 in my last post which is wrong, I just noticed the mistake…you are right with the 12356.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.