Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Cork or neoprene sax neck repair

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

any good places to get nice cork or i hear neoprene is a bew thing now need to fix the old cork ,

Leo Salu
      Participant

Hello, bought my neck cork from ebay, was good cork but it did take a while to come in, ordered the ten pack for future reference, had good luck with the cork but it was a little too thick so i was able to flatten it out by putting it between two pieces of PVC plastic squares and putting it in a vice, left it in the vice overnight and it came out the perfect thickness for the MP to fit right on, used weldwood contact cement to attach the cork. Before attaching the cork i rolled it up and put it in the bottom of the MP overnight and it developed a perfect curl that went easily on the neck. Good luck with your repair there are many you tube videos are available if you have not done it before. Leo S.

brother cavefish
        Participant

i think i am going with Valentino Neck Cork , its a synthetic cork with a sticky back, i will tell you what thogh , o ised to love Bore doctors products, hell no , no more sure it natural and slick and good for the cork but dammm its oils are natural and removes glue from the neck cork

brother cavefish
          Participant

well the valentino synth cork worked great.,

Leo Salu
            Participant

Will have to try that cork someday! Read about it on amazon the comments were favorable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.