Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Problems With Your Sax? D-to-G note problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😯 I’ve been having difficulties lately with some D-to-G notes on some songs that teach me to play these notes on the staff. I hit the G before D and it sounds good, but when I go to D and then back to G, the D sounds an Octave too low and the G is too high. Any ideas as to what may be going on? I’m sure my embouchure is correct. Thanks for your help!

john
      Keymaster

It sounds like an octave key thing. I’m assuming you mean the high D? Are you using the octave key? Regardless… try going up semi-tones from the G and find out on which note the problem starts at.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Wow, thanks Johnny! I found my problem the instant I read your reply. What can I say, I’ve only been playing a month but I’m learning. Now I’m playing a high D, I knew it wasn’t my embouchure. So glad to have found you’re site 🙂 Can’t believe how you just seem to hit the nail on the head when it comes to questions on learning the Sax, so cool.

Kickyano Lee
          Participant

Dear Johnny
            I played Alto Sax. one is a cheap chinese alto sax and other Yamaha Alto Sax and both played very well. Recently I got a new Tenor Sax (cheap chinese made again), but I got a problem at the low register key E and F. Both sound like high E and high F (same as if I press octave key).
            Previously I got similar problem with D, G and A but one of my friend told me to change my embouchure and I can get better tone on D, G and A. But I still have problem with E and F, I have tried many times and different way of blowing both key still sound as high note. I’m not confused whether my sax has a “leaking pads” or because of the mouthpiece or my embouchure ? Can you please give me some advice? Thanks

Kickyano Lee
            Participant

Dear Johnny
              I played Alto Sax. one is a cheap chinese alto sax and other Yamaha Alto Sax and both played very well. Recently I got a new Tenor Sax (cheap chinese made again), but I got a problem at the low register key E and F. Both sound like high E and high F (same as if I press octave key).
              Previously I got similar problem with D, G and A but one of my friend told me to change my embouchure and I can get better tone on D, G and A. But I still have problem with E and F, I have tried many times and different way of blowing both key still sound as high note. I’m not confused whether my sax has a “leaking pads” or because of the mouthpiece or my embouchure ? Can you please give me some advice? Thanks[/quote]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.