Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Did Lee Allen eventually record his own records?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Here’s a super, super cool song by Lee Allen that was featured on American Bandstand “Walkin with Mr.Lee”. I always thought that Lee Allen was the leading Sax players for guys like Little Richard, but here’s a great song of his that was featured on American Bandstand-fabulous Sax music! Did Lee Allen eventually break off and start recording his own records?

john
      Keymaster

Yes, I have the CD “Walkin with Mr Lee” and will do that song for sure.
        Apperently Bandstand played that record a lot so Allen got a hit with it but mostly was known for his playing on most of the big hits from Little Richard, Fats Domino, Lloyd Price. Later in the 80’s all the Rockabilly Bands wanted him and he recorded for The Stray Cats and he actually played with The Blasters who I went to see here in Vancouver in late 80’s and did meet Lee Allen.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

yeah, that’s the thing is that I always thought of Lee Allen in conjunction with those big hits you mentioned, but not his own records; so that was a pleasant surprise for me. What an awesome experience for you to actually meet him!

john
          Keymaster

He was one of the best rock and roll sax players ever. When I met him it was late 80”s and he passed in 94 I think. But it was cool to see a guy that age rockin with this young rockabilly California band…. who obviously had big taste.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.