Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone DIY Acoustic Panels

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This is a really interesting method of damping unwanted sound and it doesn’t have to be expensive.

RockinRobin
      Participant

Very interesting Jeff. I do have two large acoustic sound absorbing panels and a sound absorbing reflector shield where the microphone stands or hangs. I have a few old towels to hang over the panels. We’ll see how it goes. Time to practice “Shot Gun” and some other songs.

saxomonica
        Participant

4 sure that’s very interesting @Jeff and i dig his exemplary scientific methodology. Nice garden too. Amazed at the towel efficiency!
          Yes @William i’m practicing “Shotgun” lyrics being in good preparation too and working around my F# scales for some other fave tunes.
          If i keep playing scales i’m guessing that all i am ever gonna be good at is playing scales. Right? Wrong?

I like the story of the liberated towel & gonna see in a coupla weeks how i look with a turban on me head. Keep ya’s posted ‘eh.

Anonymous

Hi Saxo, interesting exercise. I’ll try this with my next practice.
            I see that even the top players don’t always keep their fingers lightly on the keys!
            RE. DIY Towel Boards – Great discovery – he should be given the Nobel prize for peace – lol
            If one doesn’t want to upset the wife, a bag of shredded cotton waste will be a good alternative medium.
            The sides would require more support by using strands of wire or string.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.