Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions does playing classical sheets help you improve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

when i browse the web, every now and then someone makes the comment to really improve finger technique practice playing class sheet stuff, even if you are a rock & roller.

Well this past few weeks i started practicing some of this stuff. at first i couldn’t do it, then when i could do it – it was at a snails speed compared to backing track speed. Then after several weeks – getting closer to backing track speed.

The amazing thing was, when i went back to all the other stuff i played in the past – they seemed so much easier to play. So it does seem to work.
      Some of these classical pieces really does trip up your fingering to say the least.

Anonymous

Hi James, I agree with you. Battling along through the classical music really does pay dividends.

I’ve been downloading pieces for violin and oboe to play on my Alto, and when I return to my other music is does seem to be easier to play.

Have you seen this website for classical downloads?

Free classical sheet music

Remember to check out the transpositions as someone may have already done the work for you.

Anonymous

Thanks Jeffrey – i initially thought it was a bit lah de da – like going to the opera.

Me i try any music, there great tunes in every type.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.