Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Eddie and The Cruisers 'Garden of Eden' Blues Sax lines/Solo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

I love this Sax solo! Simple, but sounds so good 🙂 This clip is taken from the movie ‘Eddie and the Cruisers II’

john
      Keymaster

pretty cool, very Springsteen-like. funny that the scene ends after a blistering sax solo and the singer is approached by the guy who says “you were great”!

Michael Bishop
        Participant

LOL Yeah, pretty funny to see him walk off like that. If I remember the movie correctly, something traumatic happened in his life/band and the Sax player he’s playing within this scene reminded him too much of his friend (in the flashback) on the band who was his Sax player–so he kinds of snapped and walked out.

Freddy Verastegui
          Participant

Could use some help with the altissimo fingering for that last note. Was that a double F#? Having trouble finding a fingering for that.

john
            Keymaster

it’s a D, then a really high D which can be gotten with the same fingering…it’s just overtones, you just need to blow harder and tighten everything up!
              (top key on the L hand with top side key on the R hand)
              I rarely get that high up, that’s almost “dog ears” territory!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.