Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Enchanted on Tenor Sax

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

William Cingolani
      Participant

Blowing “Enchanted” on tenor sax. One of the oldies by the Platters.
        William

Kevin
        Participant

William, I may off my game here, but the backing track sounded to me in Db (concert key), which would put the tenor sax key in Eb. Your sheet music in the video was in G (F concert), so something sounded amiss. This isn’t a song that I am familiar with so I am be wrong, and didn’t put in the time to thoroughly check this comment for accuracy.
          Always love the that edgy tone you get with your MP, and I have always appreciated your song choices!

William Cingolani
          Participant

Hi Kevin,
            I value your comments Highly. First I’m a bit tone deaf. I totally depend on the key signatures to tell what key the music is in. I bought the backing track from a karaoke outfit in France. Cost about $1.00. They aren’t always the best backing tracks. This backing track for “Enchanted” as it comes from France is stated to be in the concert key of “G”. The sheet music in the “Platters Anthology” music book is in the concert key of E flat.I’m allowed to lower or raise the backing track 2 semitones. Sounds good so far. I lowered the backing track 2 semitones to the concert key of “F” and transposed the original sheet music from “E flat” to “G” for the tenor. When I change the key of these backing tracks from France I have no way of knowing if the music really changed to the key I wanted even though it shows that it did. So mathematically every musical notation was suppose to be in it’s proper place. I trust you have a better musical ear than I. I can’t tell one note from another by ear. I always keep my tuner close by.
            Now for a bit of music history,The song “Enchanted” was written by Buck Ram and recorded by the Platters in the late ’50’s. “Enchanted” was used in the TV series “Breaking Bad”
            Thanks a bunch Kevin. I’ll use garage band to record it again. I’ll blow it in E flat and see if the sax matches the backing track
            William

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.