Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Eric from Bolivia: Saludos!

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by john.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eric Heim
    Participant

I joined up a few days ago after having purchased a couple of songs. I think Johnny’s site and style is great.

Under lockdown 24/7 here in Bolivia, so I hope to have more time to practice, somehow working from home is still taking up a lot of time…

I’ve been teaching myself to play sax for 2 years, slowly. I have a Selmer (that I bought new 2 years ago in China, so it is likely a fake, but it seems pretty good) and a 1981 Yamaha YTS 52 that I got in nearly new condition on ebay a couple years ago. The Chinese selmer I got for my 13 yo kid for school but it sounded bad, so I thought it was the sax. I got her the Yamaha, and found out that it was her, not the sax. She has not picked up the sax in a while, so now I say I have to Saxes. I use the Selmer because I’ve gotten used to it, but maybe should switch, I’ve never really played the Yamaha, because I wanted it to be my daughters. Moving from China to Bolivia, the two saxophones are among the few bulky personal things we carried, so after all that we need to learn them. Or at least me.

Johnny, if you read this, I’ve registered and signed in, no prob. But when I go to try out the free intermediate beginner lesson I get brought back to the register/sign in page even if I sign in again.

Any advice?

Anyway, I look forward to learning from you and your other members.
      Stay safe and healthy!
      -Eric

john
      Keymaster

Thanks for your interesting story Eric, great that you are here! I had a freied bring me back an alto that said “selmer” on it but I couldn’t even play it! they get away with a lot of intellectual property stuff over their.
        I looked into your registration and all looked ok except that your name did not contain that tag for the Intermediate level so I added it manually so let’s see if the emails will follow. This is done automatically after your name is tagged with your selection of lesson levels.
        Let me know if you get the emails with the lesson links in a day or 2.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.