Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Even A Colonoscopy Wont Stop Me!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve CA
    Participant

Today starts my “liquid diet” day, just ahead of tomorrow’s Colonoscopy. “Fun, fun” right? It’ll be hard enough to function at “work” today, with only liquids in me………..let alone tote a Saxophone afterwards. I’ll be “up” most of the night as it is.

Does anyone blame me for taking a day off from practicing my Sax, under the current conditions? I doubt it. At least not someone who has been thru this like I have, once or more before!

With all the spine, nerve and pain issues I’ve had since mid-January, it’s a wonder that I practice at ALL, frankly. But I have a “can do” perspective, honed in me by those farmers in that sleepy little community I grew up in, WAY above Caribou, Maine. They taught me (the Army did too, to be fair) to “get up and get moving.”

“C’mon Soldier!! What are you made of!!! Jello!!!! Get your butt off that chair and MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!!!!”

-Soupy

James
      Participant

Good luck with the colonoscopy, Soupy. Man, I hate the liquid diet. I have less than a year to go before my third (every five years). I’m pushing 66 and so far, so good. Soldier on, lol!

Steve CA
        Participant

I’m seriously considering NEVER having another one of those (Colonoscopy)!! The “prep” is not fun!! That said, the results have not been remarkable anyway. So they found two Benign Polyps, ……….so what?! Last time it was “four,” (Benign) so why worry. If the count is going down, ………I’m good. At least that’s the way “I’m” beginning to view it.

But anyway………..still on my quest for a local Teacher. I have found a local “music school” the states that they have Teachers for the Saxophone. I’ll bet their rates are competitive. I guess if I could get at least a year’s worth of Lessons, I’d be better off than none at all.

I admit to having NOT picked up the horn for two days now. I don’t want to believe that it is from a lack of interest. Rather I think it is that ……….well…..I’ve been “recovering” from the hospital, and very weak; (fair reason) and also, because I don’t know what to do next (other than repeat the Key of C Scale and work on clean notes and good breathing; all worthy pursuits).

-Soupy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.