Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Fabulous Ferreira

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vicky W
    Participant

Every time I look at this site I am happy to see it and mean to take advantage of it. I was inspired to pull out the saxophone and put a reed on….and try again. I'm one of those sax wannabees who has flirted with learning how to play for many years. When I lived in Vancouver in the mid-eighties I drove cab and sometimes managed a lesson on the fly – taking the tenor in the trunk of the taxi. The teacher was a fellow named Larry Volen. Then later, for a few months on Vancouver Island, I had lessons with a lovely elderly gentleman who had been a sax player in the army back in the 40s. After the army time he taught band/music in a high school in Burnaby until his retirement. I met him long after he had retired – great player and great teacher, Tom Meyers. I have had periods where I practiced every day and I know that is the key (no pun intended) to success. Now, I live in an area where I would have to travel further than I would like to get a lesson…so, a site like this is fabulous – serendipitous for me. Like a toddler, I'll begin again. Thanks so much Johnny!

art dubois
      Participant

Absolutely true!!
        I live in Thunder Bay (120,000 folx) and have tried to get a teacher/tutor without success. Books are ok but this site is terrific!! I love the vids here….so much more meaningful that the CD-ROM included with "Saxophone For Dummies". I truly believe that, without this site, I would've given up on the sax…..but, not only does it teach me, it motivates me!!
        Art

Didem Gurcan
        Participant

You really are fabulous. Thank you so much for making this website. Thank you:)

john
          Keymaster

Thanks everyone for the wonderful compliments! I hope to have some time in the near future to add more useful lesson videos as I haven't had the time this year yet, so stay tuned.

cheers
            Johnny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.