Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video faster fingering tip for Take 5

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Gibson
    Participant

Hey Johnny. Perhaps you could even have a separate section for recommendations or improvements to the website. That way, you could have a list of things to consider at your leisure….

Andrew

William Cingolani
      Participant

Kevin,
        I’m confused. What keys on the tenor sax are you using for the 16th notes in the 3rd and 4th measures? the notes in the 3rd measure are dotted half note F, followed by the following 16th notes -G G# G F then quarter note D#: In the 4th measure – dotted half note F, followed by the 16th notes D# F D# C A# and 5th measure is the C. What notes are the knuckle notes.

William Cingolani
        Participant

Kevin
          I know the B flat and the C notes using the knuckle keys

Kevin
          Participant

William, I’ve not to date tried to play this song on the tenor with a Bb instrument transcription. I do have a tenor sax, so if I can print it in the right key I’ll check out your question, but the knuckle key trick will likely not apply.

Kevin
            Participant

Hey William, you need strap on a sax for your Avatar pic! Makes me wonder if I’m in the right place when I glance over at it… LOL just kidding…

William Cingolani
              Participant

Kevin I was thinking you were playing a tenor. I know the knuckle keys on the tenor so I can take it from here. Thanks. I’ll be practicing Take Five on the tenor. Thanks for the video

Jazz Cat
                Participant

thanks for the tip; I’d temporarily given up on Take 5 because the bridge/high note section is really hard on alto (starting bar 10 in Johnny’s arrangement).

the starting part & solo are easier

it’s a great song, like Pick up the Pieces, just really hard to play so it sounds good

Michael Bishop
                  Participant

Hi Kevin,
                    Nice to see you Kevin! Miss seeing your videos, you’ve always been very inspiring and a big encouragement to me. Nice tips and tricks there, thanks for sharing! I got to apologize to you personally because I remember some time back you had asked for help with hitting the overtones/Altissimo G (was it the G note you asked about? don’t remember exactly), just got really busy with the move into the new house and this past week I got sick with the flu, starting to feel better but my muscles still feel ache. Let me get to feeling 100% better and I’ll get on this for you, I can put it on the new part of the forum where Johnny added tips/tricks. Keep up the great work!

Marc Justiniano
                    Participant

Kevin, well played take five. I think you had posted playing take 5 in the past if I am not mistaken. Wanted to hear you play the whole song as your sound and tone sound very clear on the trill tip video you posted. Either way VERY NICE. Thank you.

Mark Kiziuk
                      Participant

Thank you Kevin for showing me those keys! And thanks Jeff for that chart!
                        Mark

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.