Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Fat sound

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

Nice fat sound here ‘eh, is it lacking the signature tounge flutter? Your thoughts?
      Howz about some salt and lemon then please!
      Howz about we do The Worm?

john
      Keymaster

playing is a little stiff but he really has quite a unique sound.

brother cavefish
        Participant

honestly, this did not did not do it for me, too bland, yes stiff was a good comment, not very relaxed , my opinion for all its worth, i am not really a fan of tequila anyway , but i feel it was done better by others, actually Johnny did a good version,

saxomonica
          Participant

a) itz ok @brother Cavefish
            thanks for your reply and considerate comments and importantly your valued opinion
            ‘honesty is the best policy’
            anyways that’s the particular sound i want, ripping cloth like
            can you suggest a mp that might do it for me? ta!
            embrouche adjustments maybe? oral cavity? any pointers?
            fatten me up ..

b) howz about sharing a sample song of what does it for you?

cheers good buddy

brother cavefish
            Participant

not really sure what ripping cloth means, , Johnny has a good style, i think most of his reproductions are very juicy , as far as MP recommendations,one needs to search around to a wide varity of MPs, i have learned what sound i wanted from listening, for me i wanted the dark category , ballads in general are nice, if want rock and roll, it all in the song, but old little richard songs had a sweet saxophonist, his style was sick, but i believe he had a few i dont know his name

saxomonica
              Participant

Thanks kindly @Brother cavefish anyways i got a coupla new ligatures offa Ebay arriving so hey i’m rollin’ soon aha aha

[Incidentally many thanx and a big thumbs up for pointing out the D’Addario Jazz Select Unfiled reeds earlier mate
                Digito monstrositi or somethink = to be pointed out with the finger / to be made famous]

i got the Chinese clone thang mp to whack on soon, again from Ebay, a Yilbuy #7, i think prob a Dave Guardia type ?
                & whatta ya know may take the file to it for purposes of experiment
                haha one might say, ‘let experiment be made on a worthless body’

Ripping cloth itz one way i’d describe Johnny’s sound ?? from his vids you can see about a dozen mps on the table at times

Here’s a coupla informative Little Richard links spotted on-line just now
                + some good tunes being for us all too, crikey moses what a tremendous innovator he was!! Sweet enough, sure as eggs
                ones’ gotta be flat out like a lizard drinking to ascertain where his head was at ‘eh and his source of inspiration huh
                Fat Fat Fat

Little Richard & His Saxophonist Grady Gaines

saxomonica
                Participant
                  john
                  Keymaster

Also Lee Allen worked with Little Richard

saxomonica
                    Participant

saxomonica
                      Participant

Thanking you, @Johnny!

Lee Allen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.