Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Improvisation feed back

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The main problem i have with improvising is not being able to move from one backing track chord to another backing track chord and improvise with each new chord and sound ok across all the different backing track chords.

Until a few weeks ago, i came across another method that shows how to do it quite easily in theory, so i can now start making some progress as it works for any song, and doesn’t involve memorising licks.
      This is the reason i’m using a backing track with backing track chords in all 12 major scales.

john
      Keymaster

Ok Walley, I see. A beginner will do much better when not having to worry about changing up to different chords. Eventually we need to but we can go a long way using only one scale over the 3 chords of a blues tune. Thus not having to worry about that particular problem.
        You’re going to have a much easier time concentrating on only one scale.

So this is my theory and is what I teach in the Beginning Improv I talked about earlier. So I have now set up a form for any registered member on my free site (that’s you!) to go ahead and get access to these lessons. The sign up box is on the side bar of the blog section here:

Blog

follow along with everything and let me know how it goes. Any questions or comments please post them here in the “Improvisation” section of this forum and we can go through it together. I put these lessons up for you guys so if something is not making sense please let me know otherwise i won’t be able to improve upon it and we both lose!

Anonymous

Thanks for putting it out there, i will have a look through it.

I did a one to one improvisation lessons two yrs ago, where i spent nearly 6 months just working in the G basic blues scale 12 bar blues, only using the I-IV-V chords and i came out of it knowing my way round those 3 chords in the scale and i could improvise and move around in those chords.

But when i picked up music books with other chords, i couldn’t move around improvising when jumping from chord, things didn’t sound right, i think that was down to not being familiar with the notes in other chords, and knowing a general way to move around with them.

Like i said, i have got something to work on, and i’ll probably do a 3 month course in that area i’m currently trying out to see what i can get out of it. But in the meantime, i am open minded enough to try out other peoples imorovisation courses, or music/cd books they supply.

cheers

Anonymous

Another problem i’ve noticed with your web pages, and this only applies to people who use a Mini Ipad in PORTRAIT view!

I always use portrait view, and i didn’t realise it, but it cuts off the far right hand side of the screen – so i haven’t been able to see any buttons on the far right. When i switch to LANDSCAPE view on the mini ipad, then i can see the missing buttons you are on about.

There is an option in html software that reconfigures everything on a web page to show up in portrait view, without cutting off bits of your web pages.

john
            Keymaster

thanks for the heard sup…I don’t have an ipad so wasn’t aware but will tell my tech guy about it to see if something can be done.

john
              Keymaster

thanks for the heard sup…I don’t have an ipad so wasn’t aware but will tell my tech guy about it to see if something can be done.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.