Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds Fiberreed Carbon ONYX Reeds are awesome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gary Deripaska
    Participant

Johnny, I wanted to thank you for your article about the reeds. I got them out of the mail a few ago slapped on the “soft” first LOVED it then I put on the Medium soft from the Low Bb to the High F# crystal clear and loud I am head over heals in love with the Fiberreed Carbon Onyx. I sure couldn’t do that with a cane reed with out soaking it for 5 minutes or so then a warm up. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Wish I had go these before I started recording this album, I’ll for sure finish up with these Carbon Onyx.

Don’t think I’ll ever go back to a cane reed.

Again Thanks

Gary D.

brother cavefish
      Participant

they did not do anything for me, not bad but i still like the warmth of the cane, i was tempted to try the hemp but cost hmmm

Pete
        Participant

Gary try the hemp reed you will love it, had mine for nearly 12 months now and still plays well
          great sound and response.

Gary Deripaska
          Participant

Will do Pete thank you.

brother cavefish
            Participant

i played mine today on a Gerber 10 tip, its a bright reed for sure, decent rock and roll

Pete
              Participant

Wouldnt say it is a bright reed BC, it as a warm , richer sound IMO i think it would be your m/p opening giving you the brightness 10 tip !!wow!! This is the reason i use the Hemp instead of the carbon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.