Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video From Russia with love

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Here’s another James Bond tune.

Russia

saxomonica
      Participant

Yes, yes i really like it @Jeff i spy there is lotsa oomph and a harmonic passages here, for sure itsa lovely vodka drinkin’ song. Good track, suggest it’s probably time to take it to the streets now in your happy trails of musical intrigue and stop depriving the World of your talent; maybe like this guy, say? –

Anonymous

It’s A HOLE like that who gives saxophones and busking in public spaces a bad name. The security personnel should have just confiscated his sax, charged him with being a public nuisance and thrown him in jail for a few days to normalize. It’s not funny and it’s not clever – just disturbing the peace with noise pollution imho. Those centres would probably overreact by banning all instruments from their areas. Then serious musicians would be deprived of performing there and earning some extra income.

Anonymous

Perhaps I should stop publishing my inferior performances altogether and leave it to the people who can play saxophone properly.
            I listened to quite a few amateur tunes this afternoon and I’m already feeling embarrassed as I have a very looonng way to go.

Anonymous

Hi Jeff,
              When I have moments like that, my teacher reminds me to take stock of my current playing by comparing it to when i first started out playing the sax, and not compare it to someone elses playing. No matter what level of player you are, there will always be some one better.

Progress in my case is very slow in the short term, the advantage of that, is i’ve got all the time in the world to improve, so it’s pointless getting stressed out.

I think your performance sounds great, i can’t technically comment with my experience, but it sounds reasonably in tune, on time and intonation, and i recognise the tune. I’ve done a few uploads, and what a lot of people don’t appreciate is the time and effort spent in doing uploads to get constructive feedback especially when you haven’t got a sax teacher – i say well done, i’ve got a sax teacher and i’m still trying to improve.

cheers mate,

Mel
              Participant

sxpoet – great feedback to Jeff!

Anonymous

Hi sxpoet, when the downloads outnumber the comments by 40 to 1, I have to wonder if people think we are just showing off by posting our own tunes?
                  I’m going to stop doing this until I can give a really decent performance. Johnny has told us all we need to know, I must just do it properly.

Something I’ve realized from Johnny’s comment on my previous recording, is that the upper range notes sound much louder to me whilst playing, than they do on the recording. I’ll have to increase my volume so I play them louder with respect to the lower range notes. Perhaps it’s a Mic frequency range sensitivity issue?

Anonymous

Hi Jeff, the best thing to do, is just identify one major problem area.

Then scrap doing every other type of exercise in your normal practice routine, and just focus on improving that specific area for at least a month, doing exercises related to that area – and then top it off with practicing playing through a bunch of tunes.

The same thing happened to me, i wasn’t focusing on a specific area, and i was getting bogged down by wasting time by focusing on a lot of different exercise areas, like long tones, scales etc… just to name a few. So i scrapped the whole lot and i now just work on one priority area.

Take a break from uploading and come back when you are ready.

I’m having a break from uploading, mainly because i’m currently revisiting some work i’ve done in the past, and don’t see the point in re-uploading previous stuff. So looking back, no one else has uploaded since 7 months ago other than us, probably because they have moved out of the beginners zone, into the professional playing zone, and hence don’t need feed back. lol

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.