Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Frosty

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

Great job on frosty Johnny! I see in the description u used a Durga. You sampling one out or onto a new piece? How’s it compare to the mb fat boy? I have a couple Theo mp myself but love the fat boy!
      Just curious!
      Also. I learned from you! I was tasked with a job of making my mom a dvd of her top 10 Christmas songs! Pretty happy with the turnout and can hear your influence throughout the entire disc.
      Thank you!!!!!
      Happy holidays!!!
      Jake

john
      Keymaster

hey Jake, right on thanks!
        I got the Durga 2-3 years ago cause heard a lot of good things. ya I like it. it hasn’t replaced my Guardalas but I did some live shows a couple weeks ago and did something to my MBI and just haven’t had the time to fix it yet. I slapped the durga on and it’s been on ever since. with the right reed it’s pretty good (Copper Fiberreed).
        It’s not a mp that I would use exlusively fulltime but it’s one of the best I’ve tried.

RockinRobin
        Participant

After reading about the Durga and Jakes’ comments I went back to my fatboy. Sounded good
          William

john
          Keymaster

which reeds are you guys using with the fatboys?

jake
            Participant

Copper fiberreed

RockinRobin
              Participant

Carbin fiber reed. I sound like I”m in bucket when i record
                William

RockinRobin
                Participant

Sounds better with the mike in front of the bell with the pre amp tired way down ti 12
                  William

RockinRobin
                  Participant

Carbon Onyx I mean to say

RockinRobin
                    Participant

In my search for a fatter sound I switched to my Guardala MBI mouthpiece using a MS carbon fiber reed. keeping my fatboy on stand by.

jake
                      Participant

Wow. That much of a difference between the mb1 and fat boy? Where in the world did you find that mp? I switch up every now and then but find myself right back on the fat boy. That’s one’s def my go to. Also suppose I’m the most used to it. Plays easy for me. Altissimo comes right out and it’s the best for my intonation. Lol.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.