Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Gday! New to sax and so excited!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jessica Lewis
    Participant

G’day there,

I have finally bitten the bullet and decided to follow the dream and get a sax. Wanted one since I was about 3 so its only taken me 25 years to pull my finger out! haha

Bought a whole bunch of books and trawling youtube for instructional videos and absolutely love your style Johnny. Especially the “dirty saxy sound”

I haven’t actually chosen my horn yet and was looking at the Buffet series 100 student alto. Don’t want to hurt the bank balance too much just yet. I was wondering if you could tell me whether these Buffet series are ok for a beginner with a budget or should I try looking at something else. Can’t tell you why but Yamaha just doesn’t grind my gears haha

Thanks Johnny or anyone else out there on the site that has a bit of an opinion

Cheers

john
      Keymaster

Thanks for that and welcome! You can’t go wrong with the Buffet, it will do you for a while, even the student models…these are quality horns. Yamaha makes great horns as well and might beat out Buffet on certain models only.
        Anyway, what I preach is not to spend all your money on a horn because that’s not what is going to define your tone… it will come down to your mouthpiece, reeds and you!

Good luck and feel free to ask questions here.

Johnny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.