Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Lessons Getting ready to purchase beginners 4-song set, one small request.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hey Johnny, getting ready to purchase the 4-set beginner’s songs-hard to believe I can learn to play these simple songs now 🙂
      I was wondering if you would consider in the future doing the song “Careless Whisper” and make it available to purchase to learn how to play–the sax would sound nice on this one.

john
      Keymaster

yes, you’re not the first to request that one! it seems to be one of those that many like to play…we’ll put something together for sure when I can.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Awesome– when listening to the chords played on that song, it just seems like it’s a song that with a little bit of practice could be picked up fairly easily while at the same time making your friends fall in love with the Sax. Thanks Johnny!

Tomas Kovac
          Participant

Hello,
            First of all, I have to say HUGE THANK YOU for all your great work !!! I am playing sax for 1 month, bought your 4 beginners songs 3 weeks ago, and now I can play them all pretty well and playing them along the backing tracks… they helped me to feel pure joy when learning sax 🙂

Now, I am considering to buy “How To Play The saxophone – A Complete Beginner’s Guide”. Just I am not sure, if the book is still good for me. From the description, I see there are some things I already know: “… close-ups of fingerings, …close-ups and clear explanations of mouth and tongue positions”.
            But I may still appreciate “ daily exercises to develop good tone & technique” and “… easy songs to learn with play-along backing tracks” if they are different from the 4 beginners songs that I already bought.

QUESTION 1: Are the songs in the book “How To Play The saxophone – A Complete Beginner’s Guide” different from the “Beginner’s 4 Song Saxophone Music Series”? What are the songs included in the book ?

QUESTION 2: Provided that I can play easily “normal” sax range from low Bb to high F# (but no altissimo), and after mastering the “Beginner’s 4 Song Saxophone Music Series”, what should be the next step ? “A Complete Beginner’s Guide” or “How To Play Killer Blues & Rockin’ Sax Solos With 7 Notes Or Less” ?

Thank you.

john
            Keymaster

Congratulations on learning the songs, good for you. Yes, these are the same 4 songs which I took from the Beginners Guide.

Obviously there is more to the Beginners Guide than the 4 songs – several exercises that everyone needs for technique and tone, some help learning to read music and theory explanation, and other discussions about mouthpieces and reeds. All these lessons have links to several online video lessons which explain them further and I show how to do them. These lessons are good for someone that is staring to play, through for about 1 or 2 years. It gives you a solid foundation to start your playing career with.

The Killer Blues is not about learning how to play saxophone, but rather how to improvise in rock and blues music with your saxophone. First I would study the free improvisation lessons here, these are the beginning of what the Killer Blues is about.

You have to decide what is right for you personally… the thing is these ebooks are priced VERY low ((9.99) and they took me several months to put together so I can assure you they will be a good investment.

good luck
              Johnny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.