Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Golden Nut Boogie

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by john.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Jeff another couple of Grade 2 uploads for you,
      my timing is starting to improve

golden nut boogie

and thrown in another one

sweet corn (hit a wrong note somewhere.lol)

saxomonica
      Participant

hiya @saxpoet sure dig the first air and hope to learn it meself one fine day wa -wah
        the second one a bit corny haha and some funny notes about 00:25 and1:40?
        these are alto takes right?
        lookin’ on Ebay at a 1978 Bueshar Aristocrat 200 alto for $325 but prob just stick with me tenor for now hey
        worried about the condition, Ebay not called the devil’s dumping ground for nothink
        sings Bob Seger, gimme some of that old time rock’n roll
        cheers old bean, love ya worx

Anonymous

Hi Saxo – both songs are from Grade 2 abrsm books, aimed at improving my timing, tone etc.. So if you’ve been playing for 2 yrs they should be fairly easy for you to play. Sadly, at grade 2 level, one can’t expect more popular songs, and they all tend to be very classical, but still good training.

Some of these grade 2 exercises are so fast tempo wise, it takes me several weeks to get the fingers, breathing etc.. up to speed. One can only practice to improve.

Sweet corn – is so fast, i had to slow the track down by 25% in order to keep up with the backing track.

Golden Nugget – the backing track is playex at the correct speed, and dead easy to play.

out of the 2 tracks sweet corn is far more difficult, it’ll probably take me several more weeks of practicing to get up to full backing track speed.

It does pay off in the long, as some backing tracks have taken me a couple of months to get up to full speed. Just have to stick at it.

Anonymous

Hi Sxpoet, the tunes show you have been working hard at your timing and there is great improvement. I think focussing on one issue at a time is the way to go. Well done and keep up the good work. If a person can’t play a classical tune with accuracy they aren’t going to be able to play a Jazz number really well as that requires even greater skill imho.

Anonymous

Thanks Jeff – got a lot more feedback from Soundcloud members. Keep uploading to show me how you are progressing. No rush, as and when.

Anonymous

@jeff – i’ll stick with coffee beans from now on, much more flavour.

saxomonica
                Participant

Hey @saxpoet – and just where have ya sailed off to, old bean??
                  Methinks manifestly pizzed orf about somethink ‘eh!
                  Are you planning to send us all a postcard in your travels? Fair winds and safe passage.
                  Says Joaquin Miller, that man who lives for self alone, lives for the meanest mortal known.

Be aware, please, wasn’t pointing the bone at you earlier.
                  Coz this is something that mostly our native aborigines do.
                  In Oz they do this to another whom then go away and die. True.
                  “Ab origine” means, from the beginning.

Come on back, Champ, and help raise a statue more lasting than brass.

“Think not on what you have lost but, rather. on what you have gained.
                  For things lost are easily accounted for and blessings counted multiply”.

Yo!! You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
                  There is no disputing about tastes.

Empty vessels make the most sound.
                  Every hen loves the sound of it’s own cackle.
                  You are our number one decky.
                  Lets stick 2gether.
                  Polly put the kettle on, brew us up some beans. 🙂

We miss you long time.

Talk soon?

saxomonica
                  Participant

john
                    Keymaster

sure is a beautiful melody

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.