Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video great sound effects

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Anonymous

i do about 15 chromatic exercises (play bottom Bb all the way up to the 1st altissimo D#) in different ways – flutter/growl/triple tongu etc as many bizarre sound/articulation effects i can think of. The result it’s a great tone/expression and builds up the altissimo/embouchure muscles.

without doing all these strenuous exercises – i would have an incredibly dull monotonous tone, wheresas with these bizarre exercises, there in the tool box to pull anytime playing.

After playing all those special effects – the guy in the video shows a lovely tone at the end – pays off in the long run

Marc Justiniano
        Participant

James Carter is one the best sax players. Check his other videos on youtube. He is a true master. He also gave a master class in Russia, James Carter makes his sax play what he feels at the moment. `

Marc Justiniano
          Participant

wayne wojnarowski
            Participant

I think the Russian Players sounded better!!! Hats off to them… why would you like squeakky music??

Anonymous

it’s not the liking of squeaky music – as part of my daily practice i spend half an hour working on my sound.

i feel my sax sound is the most important thing along side my rhythmn. If i dont sound good the average listener will be wasting their time listening, and if i’m out of rhythmn the experienced listener will be annoyed at having to listen.

I think we all play within our comfort zone, which stifles growth. So in order to make our comfort zone sound better, we need to play outside of our comfort zone.
                So to go outside the comfort zone, start practicing overtones, growling, fluttering, slap tonguing ,double/tripple tonguing, all these sort of squeky exercises like this guy shows.

to start playing this sort of stuff pretty as it may not sound, needs a hell of a lot of controll on the sax. if you can do that, when you start playing on your comfort zone, you will have a richer sound, and amazing control over normal sounds.

quite right squeeky doesnt sound good, but if you can do it – just look how easy normal stuff will be for you

compared to drumming it would probably the equivalent of a strenious gruelling work out? a hard warm up session?

Pete
                Participant

Go on you tube, look up a guy called AUBRAY GRAVES that is what you call a great sax player
                  the best ever forget all this crap about silly sounds and splutters this guy is what I would
                  could only dream of playing like.

Pete
                  Participant

MEANT TO SAY THIS IS WHAT A SAX PLAYER IS MEANT TO SOUND LIKE UP THEIR WITH THE BEST
                    IF NOT IN FRONT UNBELIEVABLE, NEER HEARD ANY ONE AS GOOD YET.

Anonymous

peter – the topic i started isn’t about your best sax player its about great sound effects on the sax.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.